(as of Oct 24,2021 13:13:40 UTC – Details)
Among the many topics covered are:
• The metaphysical presuppositions of scientific method.
• The status of scientific realism
• The metaphysics of space and time.
• The metaphysics of quantum mechanics.
• Reductionism in chemistry and biology.
• The metaphysics of evolution.
• Neuroscientific reductionism.
The book interacts heavily with the literature on these issues in contemporary analytic metaphysics and philosophy of science, so as to bring contemporary philosophy and science into dialogue with the Aristotelian tradition.
Table of Contents
• 1. Two philosophies of nature.
• 2. The scientist and scientific method.
• 3. Science and reality.
• 4. Space, time, and motion.
• 5. The philosophy of matter.
• 6. Animate nature.
Publisher:EDITIONES SCHOLASTICAE; 1st edition (January 30, 2019)
Dimensions:5.6 x 1.1 x 8.2 inches